Friday 7 October 2011

A Spot Of Tea & A Foot Detox?


We spent a lovely evening over at the Althouse-Heale's. We drank lots of ginger & lime tea and visited with Steph, Tom, Anne, and Finnley when he could poke his head out-and I got my feet detoxed. Ooooh, what a treat that is! Osrid loves being in my lap when I have it done, too-he gets very happy and cuddly and playful. I think he must be sensitive to the vibrations from the footbath coming through my body and he must enjoy them. It has been far too long since I had that done-I wish I could do it every day.

Tom and O.O. really had a blast playing together-Tom brought out his drumsticks and they made some fun beats together. Osrid Olov also got to have a 'swordfight' with everyone there (as well as make me a bit nervous of being bashed in the eye, ;P) I think everyone had a lot of fun seeing O.O., but especially Tom (some paternal instincts coming out, perhaps? :)) who was so kind as to let him play with his toys and even let him keep a little red car that he likes ever so much.

I also had some great conversations! For instance, talking to the lovely Anne about one of my all time favourite subjects, SPIDERS. Also, learning that Tom, Max (his & Finn's brother, who was not present) and Finn grew up vaccine-free. If you know me, you know how strongly against vaccines I am. As they seem to be some of the healthiest people I know, this makes me very happy. It also absolutely tickled me when we were discussing various aspects of parenting ---I'm not exactly sure how this came up, but Anne and Tom were asking Paul & I about various things about what it is like ect and somehow I came onto the subject of disciplining and how we don't even use time-outs beca-"what are time outs?" "yeah, what are time-outs?" Neither of them had ever heard of them! When I explained (using such things as being sent to ones room and put on a naughty step I.E. supernanny shows), they agreed they sounded horrible and can't see why people would do that to their children (it only makes them lash out more, anyway). It makes me happy to talk about gentle parenting practices even to people who arent' parents yet-it gives me hope yet for others to come. :)

I can't believe all this junk was in my body!!!!!!! Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment