Wednesday 14 December 2011

The Darndest Things!


My date sauce apparently makes fantastic paint....no, he didn't eat a drop!

"Osrid Olov, HOW did you manage to pee on me?" (whilst wearing a cloth nappy, which remained mysteriously completely dry) "I try..."

I was getting a bit concerned for O.O.'s language development because he used to be able to form a lot of words, and then wasn't speaking so much at all. However he has been very occupied with other developments I.E. learning to walk and run that speaking wasn't on his mind. I mean, he was jibber-jabbering a lot but not many words. Now our chatterbox is saying lots of things again. The cutest is when he says "Good Daddy" to Paul. Ooohhhh that makes a mother's heart melt.

He is also identifying colours pretty well when we play games. If I ask him to hand me a green ball, he will, for instance. He seems to really enjoy learning about colours and exploring music I.E. with his xylophone and the likes-but not just instruments, for he will use ANYTHING as a drum!

Osrid Olov has been loving bath time recently-it is like therapy for him, I think! When he gets too wound up and I run out of things to do, bath time, and instantly I've got my calm happy guy back. He splashes half of the bath water out of the tub but man, does it make my kid happy to splash...splash me, splash himsself, splash the floor. I love having that resource to make him so happy.

Overall, I think our little man is doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment